Well hello everyone! I am tremendously excited to be able to write on my blog again. To be honest, i used to think blogging was a huge waste of time, and took this English assignment as a chore, however after experiencing how awesome it was to share with others about your day and have all your thoughts and feelings in black and white, I've decided to continue with my blog even after this assignment has been completed. Today, i am going to share with you something that has happened in school. It's not something bad, wait, no, it much better than good, its wonderful! Unfortunately, i will not be able to share with you my joy with pictures this time as my school does not permit the use of hand phones within its premises therefore, you would just have to rely on your imagination skills and other pictures which i hope would be helpful to you so as to help you to reenact the event in your mind. For the O-levels in 2010, the top Malay student came from our school! Yes, my school is Victoria Secondary School, and i am extremely proud of my school. I presumed that the results of the rest of the students wouldn't be too far off, so i started hoping for the principal to declare a holiday.
The school which my sister is in had its principal declare a full day holiday, and while my sister stayed at home the following day enjoying her beauty sleep, i had to wake up early to get ready for school. On my way to school, i thought, why didn't we have a full day holiday as well? My school's O-level standard was supposed to be higher than hers! I reached school fuming, planing to share my thoughts with my friends. I reached school just in time for assembly and had no time to leave my bag in the classroom otherwise i would be late. During the assembly, the principal announced that our school had produced the top Malay student and the story behind his success.
It was said that his father had a heart attack and it affected him greatly, therefore, he wanted to study hard and become a heart surgeon to help more of those with conditions similar to that of his father. I had to admit i was slightly touched by his story and was also inspired to study hard. However, then came the really exciting and interesting part that everyone was was waiting for, here's exactly what the principal said " I am happy to announce that our school did fairly well for the 2010 O-levels and i have seen this year's batch of secondary 4 students strive to beat the 2009 O-level batch. Their efforts paid off and they managed to come to an almost equal average to the students of the previous year. Therefore, in honour of them, i declare a half day holiday on the following Monday." Yes! My wish that come true. At the mention of a half day holiday, the entire school immediately roared with happiness
I could not exactly explain the eruption of gladness i felt at that point in time as a declaration of a holiday was quite rare in our school. Although it was not a full day holiday, yet i was already extremely contented with a half day holiday. I knew that i could not take this holiday for granted and should be entirely grateful to the principal. I really needed a break and he had provided the opening i needed. I had already started planning what i should do with my holiday. I reflected and knew that i shouldn't just spend it on fun and useless relaxation activities. So i decided to do some studying and go out with my friends for lunch too. I feel that we should always have some of everything, after all, too all work and no play makes Jonathan a dull boy! Hope my value will too spread to you fellow readers and hope you have too enjoyed reading this post! Goodbye!

No comments:
Post a Comment